In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, Brass Jazz, and Brian Goins welcome our special guest Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover to discuss:
• Stories from Rohan’s one-on-one interview with Justise Winslow
• Rohan reveals Josh Richardson’s horrible take on Pub Subs.
• The crew debates what the Miami Heat’s optimal closing lineup would be?
• Impact of the Heat signing Briante Weber to a partially-guaranteed, training camp invite
…this and so much more!!!
Miami Heat Beat, LLC, a sports website and podcast dedicated to bringing the best and latest dose of Miami HEAT news, insight, and commentary, has added three writers to expand its features and analysis coverage on the team.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Stories from Miami Heat Beat and 5 Reasons Sports’ takeover of Dan LeBatard’s MAS Miami Vol. II event over the weekend.
• Gianni delights in newest trade rumors that send Tyler Johnson to Houston.
• Miami signed another new player!!! Former #1 overall HS point guard in 2015, Malik Newman.
• The guys peek the Vegas over/under for wins of all the NBA teams.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Jack Alfonso, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Winslow likely to sign extension in late-August/early-September
• The unlikelihood of Wade leaving for China
• Miami signed a new player!!! Former SEC Player of the Year, Yante Maten, agrees to a two-way contract
• Gianni debates why high school sports are creepy.
• Yup, yup, yup, yup…
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we discuss:
• Our breakdown of Kawhi Leonard to Toronto. Smart move by Masai Ujiri?
• Miami’s unlikely free agency splash in 2019. Is 2020 the Heat’s prime target?
• We play “Kawhi or Not Kawhi?”, a game where we try to match the voice of the Raptors forward among a lineup of five NBA players. It’s not as easy as you’d think!
• Could Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem really leave for China?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Summer League Correspondent Recap with Nekias and Alex
• Small Sample Size Theater on Duncan Robinson’s prolific shooting
• Wayne Ellington is BYKE!!!
• We share sound from our mothership (@5ReasonsSports) on a text from a source to Ethan Skolnick indicating more moves for Miami are to be made…plus Spurs-Heat ongoing conversations for a trade?
In this NBA Free Agency edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Harrison Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Miami’s newest whale Derrick Jones, Jr.
• LeBron’s move to L.A.
• Leif speculates how Miami can capitalize on the chaos
• Alf has some choice words for Kyle Kuzma
In this off-season edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Brian Goins, and Alex Toledo welcome Candace Buckner, Washington Wizards beat reporter at Post Sports.
In this off-season edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas is back from his two week suspension for a horrid… Keep Reading
In this post-NBA Finals edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Brass Jazz fills in for Giancarlo Navas as host after his six-to-eight week suspension was enacted last week due to bad tweeting. Alf, Leif, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins invite Ethan Skolnick, co-founder of the Five Reasons Sports Podcast Network, to discuss:
• Haha! Eat it, LeBron!
• Miami Heat front-office speculation
• Kawhi Leonard likes Chipotle?
• The return of #MHBMailbag!
In this NBA Finals edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn fills in for Giancarlo Navas as host after his six-to-eight week suspension was enacted due to bad tweeting. Alf, Leif, Brian Goins, and Nekias Duncan invite Ryan Cortes, producer of ESPN’s newest television show ‘High Noon,’ to derail the show.
In this NBA Finals Preview edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Kevin Wang of Bench Buckets to discuss:
• Game 7s galore/Cavs-Warriors IV (NBA Finals Preview…sort of)
• NBA players who can’t shoot have some damn nerve to wear a shooting sleeve (i.e. Andre Roberson)
• Have we ever used analytics to help us play pickup basketball?
• Why has everyone forgotten about Miami LeBron except for Celtics fans?
…this and so much more!!!
In this Heat stories edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Michael Wallace of Grind City Media to share:
• Tales of Gary Payton losing his personal therapeutic chair due to the Barnum & Bailey Circus.
• The mystery of Rafer Alston’s disapperance in 2010 uncovered for the first time ever.
• Best Udonis Haslem stories, including the walkout song at his wedding.
• Miami Heat “All-Dark Alley” Team
• Backstory behind LeBron James-Erik Spoelstra “BumpGate”
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover as our special guest to discuss:
• The San Antonio Spurs “hope to meet with Kawhi Leonard and his representatives soon” and plan to offer a “five-year, $219 million supermax contract in a bid to mend fences” with the disgruntled superstar.
• The implications of the super max league-wide and how it impacts the Miami Heat’s pursuit of a transformational player.
• What does Pat Riley regret most from the 2017 offseason?
• We stroll down the 2008-2010 prime Dwyane Wade memory lane, revisiting the MV3 years.
…this and so much more!!!
In this NBA Playoffs edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Justin Rowan of The Chase Down Podcast as our special guest to discuss:
• Do the Cavaliers miss Dwyane Wade right about now?
• Miami eying point guard Fred VanVleet of the Toronto Raptors as a possible mid-level exception (MLE) recipient.
• Justin accuses the entire 2009 Orlando Magic team of cheating (just Google search “Hedo Turkoglu 2009” and “Hedo Turkoglu Raptors”).
• What do you hear?! “LeBron” or “#HeGone?”
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Manny Navarro of The Miami Herald as our special guest, who makes his maiden voyage on the show to discuss:
• Is Josh Richardson more valuable as a player or as an asset?
• Can we find it in us to root for the Boston Celtics over LeBron?
• Exclusive nuggets on where Miami had Donovan Mitchell ranked had he fallen to No. 14, and if the Heat would’ve selected him.
• The behind the curtain answer to the 6-8 weeks report Miami Heat Beat had right all along on Dion Waiters’ ankle injury from last season.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we enlist Israel Gutierrez (ESPN), Tim Bontemps (Washington Post), and Kevin Wang (Bench Buckets) to help us preview the Eastern/Western Conference Finals between Celtics-Cavs and Rockets-Warriors.
• What is Pat Riley’s Plan A this offseason and is it mostly filled of “What Ifs” at this point?
• Are the Celtics young stars and defensive acumen enough to overpower LeBron?
• How are we still underrating the Warriors’ excellence? Is James Harden going to crumble under pressure yet again?
• We rank the most annoying Sixers players and fattest NBA players of all-time.
…and so much more!!!
Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Pat Riley’s annual season-ending press conference, breaking down his stances on draft picks, transformative players, and where the Miami Heat goes from here.
• The gang begins its discourse on offseason moves, speculating trades for players like Otto Porter and Carmelo Anthony. And is Mario Hezonja the player Riley alluded to as the target Miami is eying on July 1st?
• Alf rants on Ersan Ilyasova by calling him a bunch of movie creature villain names
• We decide to use our connect at XMiami.co to convince Kawhi Leonard to come to Miami…I mean…Have you seen this place??? Mention “5Reasons” for an exclusive discount at move-in.
This was my least favorite Heat team ever. This was my least favorite Heat team ever. So Saturday afternoon came as a surprise. As Miami scrapped, fought, and clawed against a clearly superior team, I thought to myself, “I love this group.” I can’t believe I am here.
Miami Heat fans are in low spirits after losing Game 3 & Game 4 at home against the Sixers to fall 1-3 in the series. Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Nekias Duncan, and Brian Goins try to pull you out of the doldrums by making you laugh and smile. Click to find out how to enter our Hassan Whiteside autographed jersey giveaway.