In this off-season edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas is back from his two week suspension for a horrid… Keep Reading
In this post-NBA Finals edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Brass Jazz fills in for Giancarlo Navas as host after his six-to-eight week suspension was enacted last week due to bad tweeting. Alf, Leif, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins invite Ethan Skolnick, co-founder of the Five Reasons Sports Podcast Network, to discuss:
• Haha! Eat it, LeBron!
• Miami Heat front-office speculation
• Kawhi Leonard likes Chipotle?
• The return of #MHBMailbag!
In this NBA Finals edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn fills in for Giancarlo Navas as host after his six-to-eight week suspension was enacted due to bad tweeting. Alf, Leif, Brian Goins, and Nekias Duncan invite Ryan Cortes, producer of ESPN’s newest television show ‘High Noon,’ to derail the show.
In this BONUS PODCAST edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Alex Toledo, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins react to the #BurnerGate scandal of Bryan Colangelo, via The Ringer.
In this NBA Finals Preview edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Kevin Wang of Bench Buckets to discuss:
• Game 7s galore/Cavs-Warriors IV (NBA Finals Preview…sort of)
• NBA players who can’t shoot have some damn nerve to wear a shooting sleeve (i.e. Andre Roberson)
• Have we ever used analytics to help us play pickup basketball?
• Why has everyone forgotten about Miami LeBron except for Celtics fans?
…this and so much more!!!
In this Heat stories edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Michael Wallace of Grind City Media to share:
• Tales of Gary Payton losing his personal therapeutic chair due to the Barnum & Bailey Circus.
• The mystery of Rafer Alston’s disapperance in 2010 uncovered for the first time ever.
• Best Udonis Haslem stories, including the walkout song at his wedding.
• Miami Heat “All-Dark Alley” Team
• Backstory behind LeBron James-Erik Spoelstra “BumpGate”
In this NBA Playoffs edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Justin Rowan of The Chase Down Podcast as our special guest to discuss:
• Do the Cavaliers miss Dwyane Wade right about now?
• Miami eying point guard Fred VanVleet of the Toronto Raptors as a possible mid-level exception (MLE) recipient.
• Justin accuses the entire 2009 Orlando Magic team of cheating (just Google search “Hedo Turkoglu 2009” and “Hedo Turkoglu Raptors”).
• What do you hear?! “LeBron” or “#HeGone?”
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Manny Navarro of The Miami Herald as our special guest, who makes his maiden voyage on the show to discuss:
• Is Josh Richardson more valuable as a player or as an asset?
• Can we find it in us to root for the Boston Celtics over LeBron?
• Exclusive nuggets on where Miami had Donovan Mitchell ranked had he fallen to No. 14, and if the Heat would’ve selected him.
• The behind the curtain answer to the 6-8 weeks report Miami Heat Beat had right all along on Dion Waiters’ ankle injury from last season.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we enlist Israel Gutierrez (ESPN), Tim Bontemps (Washington Post), and Kevin Wang (Bench Buckets) to help us preview the Eastern/Western Conference Finals between Celtics-Cavs and Rockets-Warriors.
• What is Pat Riley’s Plan A this offseason and is it mostly filled of “What Ifs” at this point?
• Are the Celtics young stars and defensive acumen enough to overpower LeBron?
• How are we still underrating the Warriors’ excellence? Is James Harden going to crumble under pressure yet again?
• We rank the most annoying Sixers players and fattest NBA players of all-time.
…and so much more!!!
In this trade-filled episode of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins introduce Evan Cohen of Sirius XM & ESPN West Palm Beach to breakdown trades:
• Per The Miami Herald, Hassan Whiteside for Boogie Cousins might be a creative trade scenario the Heat could find themselves in if they take the risk of Demarcus’ achilles injury and new contract. Kawhi Leonard a possibility?
• Evan Cohen shares his 2018 offseason deals that he thinks are more likely for Miami
• How valuable is Justise Winslow to the Heat? Which young Heat player would we most want to keep (Bam, J-Rich, and Winslow)?
• NBA offseason landscape: Raptors are frauds, teams scared to give super max contracts…this and so much more!!!
Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Pat Riley’s annual season-ending press conference, breaking down his stances on draft picks, transformative players, and where the Miami Heat goes from here.
• The gang begins its discourse on offseason moves, speculating trades for players like Otto Porter and Carmelo Anthony. And is Mario Hezonja the player Riley alluded to as the target Miami is eying on July 1st?
• Alf rants on Ersan Ilyasova by calling him a bunch of movie creature villain names
• We decide to use our connect at XMiami.co to convince Kawhi Leonard to come to Miami…I mean…Have you seen this place??? Mention “5Reasons” for an exclusive discount at move-in.
Miami Heat fans are in low spirits after losing Game 3 & Game 4 at home against the Sixers to fall 1-3 in the series. Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Nekias Duncan, and Brian Goins try to pull you out of the doldrums by making you laugh and smile. Click to find out how to enter our Hassan Whiteside autographed jersey giveaway.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, Brassjazz, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• Breakdown: Dwyane Wade’s historic Game 2 performance that evened the series for the Miami Heat vs. the Philadelphia Sixers (1-1).
• We found out Justise Winslow grew up in the school of hard knocks after calling Ben Simmons a “B-A-N.”
• What will it take for Hassan Whiteside to recapture form and become an impact in this series?
• Playoff Small Sample Size Theatre (feat. Nekias & Christian)!!!!
• Anthony Chiang closes the show by joining us to answer our questions on Game 2, preview Game 3 this Thursday night in Miami, and baby news!!!!
We officially announce our network partnership with the Five Reasons Sports Podcast Network!!! And what better way to celebrate than by dropping a two-plus hour playoff preview MEGAPOD!!!!
Special guests from all over the NBA sports landscape join us to talk the Miami Heat’s first-round series matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers: Ethan Skolnick & Chris Wittyngham (Five Reasons Sports), Jorge Sedano (ESPN), Evan Cohen (ESPN West Palm & Sirius XM), Rohan Nadkarni (Sports Illustrated), & Mike Ryan (Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz).
Oh hey! It’s been a while since I’ve opened up Word and let the thoughts fly, but the Heat are… Keep Reading
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Harrison Cytryn, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• Remembering all of LeBron James’ hidden messages from The Decision II leading up to The Decision III.
• We celebrate Miami making the playoffs and break down the Heat’s potential short rotation and starting lineup #SevenSeedIsAllWeNeed.
• What will it take for Pat Riley to convince Magic Johnson to trade his cap space away for Hassan Whiteside?
• The intrigue behind the Kawhi Leonard injury holdout, possibility Spurs trade him in the offseason.
The Miami Heat wrapped up their home-and-home with the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night. Miami won both contests, but it… Keep Reading
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Alf, Leif, Giancarlo Navas, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• The Hassan Whiteside controversy
• Gianni tries to get #SevenSeedTillWeBleed off the ground
• Potential Miami Heat-Cleveland Cavs first-round series
• Alf gives pet/service animal suggestions to Hassan Whiteside
• Most frustrating Heat players of all-time
Welcome to The Launching Pad, a weekly roundup of Miami Heat basketball. Who’s playing well, and who should pick it up? What numbers should you be watching? What was that beautiful play Miami ran in the second quarter? You can find all of it here, every Monday.
On Saturday night, the Miami Heat suffered yet another aggravating loss to the Brooklyn Nets — this time falling 110-109… Keep Reading
In this special edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we have a crossover episode with Locked On Heat…again! Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Nekias Duncan, and Jack Alfonso welcome Wes Goldberg and David Ramil to discuss Heat vs. Cavaliers beatdown.
What you’re listening to is the audio-only version of our first-ever live-streaming show. If you’d rather watch the video featuring Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Alf, and Nekias Duncan, visit bit.ly/2GJZwb4.
We’re hoping to build off this for future pre-game/post-game, interactive watch party-style content for our listeners. Let us know @miaheatbeat on Twitter what you think.