In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Summer League Correspondent Recap with Nekias and Alex
• Small Sample Size Theater on Duncan Robinson’s prolific shooting
• Wayne Ellington is BYKE!!!
• We share sound from our mothership (@5ReasonsSports) on a text from a source to Ethan Skolnick indicating more moves for Miami are to be made…plus Spurs-Heat ongoing conversations for a trade?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Carmelo Anthony to Miami rumors. Would Melo buy in to Heat Culture?
• Miami’s newest whale: Duncan Robinson
• Bam Adebayo’s Summer League, featuring a live report from Alex at Vegas Summer League
• What are Dwyane Wade and Wayne Ellington waiting for?
• Gianni shares the most frightening car accident story ever.
In this NBA Free Agency edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Harrison Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Miami’s newest whale Derrick Jones, Jr.
• LeBron’s move to L.A.
• Leif speculates how Miami can capitalize on the chaos
• Alf has some choice words for Kyle Kuzma
In this off-season edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Brian Goins, and Alex Toledo welcome Candace Buckner, Washington Wizards beat reporter at Post Sports.
In this off-season edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas is back from his two week suspension for a horrid… Keep Reading
In this NBA Finals edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn fills in for Giancarlo Navas as host after his six-to-eight week suspension was enacted due to bad tweeting. Alf, Leif, Brian Goins, and Nekias Duncan invite Ryan Cortes, producer of ESPN’s newest television show ‘High Noon,’ to derail the show.
In this BONUS PODCAST edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Alex Toledo, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins react to the #BurnerGate scandal of Bryan Colangelo, via The Ringer.
In this NBA Finals Preview edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Kevin Wang of Bench Buckets to discuss:
• Game 7s galore/Cavs-Warriors IV (NBA Finals Preview…sort of)
• NBA players who can’t shoot have some damn nerve to wear a shooting sleeve (i.e. Andre Roberson)
• Have we ever used analytics to help us play pickup basketball?
• Why has everyone forgotten about Miami LeBron except for Celtics fans?
…this and so much more!!!
In this Heat stories edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Michael Wallace of Grind City Media to share:
• Tales of Gary Payton losing his personal therapeutic chair due to the Barnum & Bailey Circus.
• The mystery of Rafer Alston’s disapperance in 2010 uncovered for the first time ever.
• Best Udonis Haslem stories, including the walkout song at his wedding.
• Miami Heat “All-Dark Alley” Team
• Backstory behind LeBron James-Erik Spoelstra “BumpGate”
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover as our special guest to discuss:
• The San Antonio Spurs “hope to meet with Kawhi Leonard and his representatives soon” and plan to offer a “five-year, $219 million supermax contract in a bid to mend fences” with the disgruntled superstar.
• The implications of the super max league-wide and how it impacts the Miami Heat’s pursuit of a transformational player.
• What does Pat Riley regret most from the 2017 offseason?
• We stroll down the 2008-2010 prime Dwyane Wade memory lane, revisiting the MV3 years.
…this and so much more!!!
In this NBA Playoffs edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Justin Rowan of The Chase Down Podcast as our special guest to discuss:
• Do the Cavaliers miss Dwyane Wade right about now?
• Miami eying point guard Fred VanVleet of the Toronto Raptors as a possible mid-level exception (MLE) recipient.
• Justin accuses the entire 2009 Orlando Magic team of cheating (just Google search “Hedo Turkoglu 2009” and “Hedo Turkoglu Raptors”).
• What do you hear?! “LeBron” or “#HeGone?”
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we enlist Israel Gutierrez (ESPN), Tim Bontemps (Washington Post), and Kevin Wang (Bench Buckets) to help us preview the Eastern/Western Conference Finals between Celtics-Cavs and Rockets-Warriors.
• What is Pat Riley’s Plan A this offseason and is it mostly filled of “What Ifs” at this point?
• Are the Celtics young stars and defensive acumen enough to overpower LeBron?
• How are we still underrating the Warriors’ excellence? Is James Harden going to crumble under pressure yet again?
• We rank the most annoying Sixers players and fattest NBA players of all-time.
…and so much more!!!
In this trade-filled episode of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins introduce Evan Cohen of Sirius XM & ESPN West Palm Beach to breakdown trades:
• Per The Miami Herald, Hassan Whiteside for Boogie Cousins might be a creative trade scenario the Heat could find themselves in if they take the risk of Demarcus’ achilles injury and new contract. Kawhi Leonard a possibility?
• Evan Cohen shares his 2018 offseason deals that he thinks are more likely for Miami
• How valuable is Justise Winslow to the Heat? Which young Heat player would we most want to keep (Bam, J-Rich, and Winslow)?
• NBA offseason landscape: Raptors are frauds, teams scared to give super max contracts…this and so much more!!!
Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Pat Riley’s annual season-ending press conference, breaking down his stances on draft picks, transformative players, and where the Miami Heat goes from here.
• The gang begins its discourse on offseason moves, speculating trades for players like Otto Porter and Carmelo Anthony. And is Mario Hezonja the player Riley alluded to as the target Miami is eying on July 1st?
• Alf rants on Ersan Ilyasova by calling him a bunch of movie creature villain names
• We decide to use our connect at XMiami.co to convince Kawhi Leonard to come to Miami…I mean…Have you seen this place??? Mention “5Reasons” for an exclusive discount at move-in.
This was my least favorite Heat team ever. This was my least favorite Heat team ever. So Saturday afternoon came as a surprise. As Miami scrapped, fought, and clawed against a clearly superior team, I thought to myself, “I love this group.” I can’t believe I am here.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, Brassjazz, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• Breakdown: Dwyane Wade’s historic Game 2 performance that evened the series for the Miami Heat vs. the Philadelphia Sixers (1-1).
• We found out Justise Winslow grew up in the school of hard knocks after calling Ben Simmons a “B-A-N.”
• What will it take for Hassan Whiteside to recapture form and become an impact in this series?
• Playoff Small Sample Size Theatre (feat. Nekias & Christian)!!!!
• Anthony Chiang closes the show by joining us to answer our questions on Game 2, preview Game 3 this Thursday night in Miami, and baby news!!!!
We officially announce our network partnership with the Five Reasons Sports Podcast Network!!! And what better way to celebrate than by dropping a two-plus hour playoff preview MEGAPOD!!!!
Special guests from all over the NBA sports landscape join us to talk the Miami Heat’s first-round series matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers: Ethan Skolnick & Chris Wittyngham (Five Reasons Sports), Jorge Sedano (ESPN), Evan Cohen (ESPN West Palm & Sirius XM), Rohan Nadkarni (Sports Illustrated), & Mike Ryan (Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz).
Oh hey! It’s been a while since I’ve opened up Word and let the thoughts fly, but the Heat are… Keep Reading
I’ve been working on a story. I’ve seen the future of the Miami Heat, I think. Not really. I should just tell you about the dream. The dream is what started everything, more or less.
The Miami Heat wrapped up their home-and-home with the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night. Miami won both contests, but it… Keep Reading