In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover as our special guest to discuss:
• The San Antonio Spurs “hope to meet with Kawhi Leonard and his representatives soon” and plan to offer a “five-year, $219 million supermax contract in a bid to mend fences” with the disgruntled superstar.
• The implications of the super max league-wide and how it impacts the Miami Heat’s pursuit of a transformational player.
• What does Pat Riley regret most from the 2017 offseason?
• We stroll down the 2008-2010 prime Dwyane Wade memory lane, revisiting the MV3 years.
…this and so much more!!!
In this NBA Playoffs edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Justin Rowan of The Chase Down Podcast as our special guest to discuss:
• Do the Cavaliers miss Dwyane Wade right about now?
• Miami eying point guard Fred VanVleet of the Toronto Raptors as a possible mid-level exception (MLE) recipient.
• Justin accuses the entire 2009 Orlando Magic team of cheating (just Google search “Hedo Turkoglu 2009” and “Hedo Turkoglu Raptors”).
• What do you hear?! “LeBron” or “#HeGone?”
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Manny Navarro of The Miami Herald as our special guest, who makes his maiden voyage on the show to discuss:
• Is Josh Richardson more valuable as a player or as an asset?
• Can we find it in us to root for the Boston Celtics over LeBron?
• Exclusive nuggets on where Miami had Donovan Mitchell ranked had he fallen to No. 14, and if the Heat would’ve selected him.
• The behind the curtain answer to the 6-8 weeks report Miami Heat Beat had right all along on Dion Waiters’ ankle injury from last season.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we enlist Israel Gutierrez (ESPN), Tim Bontemps (Washington Post), and Kevin Wang (Bench Buckets) to help us preview the Eastern/Western Conference Finals between Celtics-Cavs and Rockets-Warriors.
• What is Pat Riley’s Plan A this offseason and is it mostly filled of “What Ifs” at this point?
• Are the Celtics young stars and defensive acumen enough to overpower LeBron?
• How are we still underrating the Warriors’ excellence? Is James Harden going to crumble under pressure yet again?
• We rank the most annoying Sixers players and fattest NBA players of all-time.
…and so much more!!!
In this trade-filled episode of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins introduce Evan Cohen of Sirius XM & ESPN West Palm Beach to breakdown trades:
• Per The Miami Herald, Hassan Whiteside for Boogie Cousins might be a creative trade scenario the Heat could find themselves in if they take the risk of Demarcus’ achilles injury and new contract. Kawhi Leonard a possibility?
• Evan Cohen shares his 2018 offseason deals that he thinks are more likely for Miami
• How valuable is Justise Winslow to the Heat? Which young Heat player would we most want to keep (Bam, J-Rich, and Winslow)?
• NBA offseason landscape: Raptors are frauds, teams scared to give super max contracts…this and so much more!!!
Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Pat Riley’s annual season-ending press conference, breaking down his stances on draft picks, transformative players, and where the Miami Heat goes from here.
• The gang begins its discourse on offseason moves, speculating trades for players like Otto Porter and Carmelo Anthony. And is Mario Hezonja the player Riley alluded to as the target Miami is eying on July 1st?
• Alf rants on Ersan Ilyasova by calling him a bunch of movie creature villain names
• We decide to use our connect at XMiami.co to convince Kawhi Leonard to come to Miami…I mean…Have you seen this place??? Mention “5Reasons” for an exclusive discount at move-in.
This was my least favorite Heat team ever. This was my least favorite Heat team ever. So Saturday afternoon came as a surprise. As Miami scrapped, fought, and clawed against a clearly superior team, I thought to myself, “I love this group.” I can’t believe I am here.
Miami Heat fans are in low spirits after losing Game 3 & Game 4 at home against the Sixers to fall 1-3 in the series. Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Leif, Nekias Duncan, and Brian Goins try to pull you out of the doldrums by making you laugh and smile. Click to find out how to enter our Hassan Whiteside autographed jersey giveaway.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, Brassjazz, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• Breakdown: Dwyane Wade’s historic Game 2 performance that evened the series for the Miami Heat vs. the Philadelphia Sixers (1-1).
• We found out Justise Winslow grew up in the school of hard knocks after calling Ben Simmons a “B-A-N.”
• What will it take for Hassan Whiteside to recapture form and become an impact in this series?
• Playoff Small Sample Size Theatre (feat. Nekias & Christian)!!!!
• Anthony Chiang closes the show by joining us to answer our questions on Game 2, preview Game 3 this Thursday night in Miami, and baby news!!!!
We officially announce our network partnership with the Five Reasons Sports Podcast Network!!! And what better way to celebrate than by dropping a two-plus hour playoff preview MEGAPOD!!!!
Special guests from all over the NBA sports landscape join us to talk the Miami Heat’s first-round series matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers: Ethan Skolnick & Chris Wittyngham (Five Reasons Sports), Jorge Sedano (ESPN), Evan Cohen (ESPN West Palm & Sirius XM), Rohan Nadkarni (Sports Illustrated), & Mike Ryan (Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz).
I’ve been working on a story. I’ve seen the future of the Miami Heat, I think. Not really. I should just tell you about the dream. The dream is what started everything, more or less.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Harrison Cytryn, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• Remembering all of LeBron James’ hidden messages from The Decision II leading up to The Decision III.
• We celebrate Miami making the playoffs and break down the Heat’s potential short rotation and starting lineup #SevenSeedIsAllWeNeed.
• What will it take for Pat Riley to convince Magic Johnson to trade his cap space away for Hassan Whiteside?
• The intrigue behind the Kawhi Leonard injury holdout, possibility Spurs trade him in the offseason.
The Miami Heat wrapped up their home-and-home with the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night. Miami won both contests, but it… Keep Reading
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Alf, Leif, Giancarlo Navas, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• The Hassan Whiteside controversy
• Gianni tries to get #SevenSeedTillWeBleed off the ground
• Potential Miami Heat-Cleveland Cavs first-round series
• Alf gives pet/service animal suggestions to Hassan Whiteside
• Most frustrating Heat players of all-time
Welcome to The Launching Pad, a weekly roundup of Miami Heat basketball. Who’s playing well, and who should pick it up? What numbers should you be watching? What was that beautiful play Miami ran in the second quarter? You can find all of it here, every Monday.
On Saturday night, the Miami Heat suffered yet another aggravating loss to the Brooklyn Nets — this time falling 110-109… Keep Reading
We’re byke from Spring Break! Giancarlo Navas returns from his vacation to Canada and The Deuces Podcast Network HQ in Seattle. Alf, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins join to discuss:
• Justise Bestest in March?
• Miami’s improved offense, faster pace a product of Ellington & Olynyk (the only European stopper).
• Potential Miami Heat-Boston Celtics first-round series. Bill Simmons owned by Dwyane Wade.
• Are we really falling for the Toronto Raptors vs. Houston Rockets NBA Finals matchup?
• “I pledge allegiance to my wife.”
What you’re listening to is the audio-only version of our first-ever live-streaming show. If you’d rather watch the video featuring Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Alf, and Nekias Duncan, visit bit.ly/2GJZwb4.
We’re hoping to build off this for future pre-game/post-game, interactive watch party-style content for our listeners. Let us know @miaheatbeat on Twitter what you think.
Miami Heat luminary & color commentator Tony Fiorentino joins the shows as a special guest to discuss:
• Why does the Miami Heat continue to allow second-half skids?
• Best friend Ron Rothstein and coaching days with the Miami Sol
• Impact with the South Florida community, teaching basketball to new generation of basketball fans
• Tony tells his funniest Pat Riley stories, including a missing layer to the Burn The Boats speech!• We uncover whether or not Tony was “looking at some stats”?
Dwyane Wade is back in Miami, everything is right in the world, and the Miami Heat Beat crew drop a MEGAPOD to celebrate!!! Special guests from all over the NBA sports landscape join us to talk Wade’s return: Jorge Sedano (ESPN), Anthony Chiang (Palm Beach Post), Rohan Nadkarni (Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover) & Brendan Tobin (790 The Ticket).
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we welcomed Slim of The Ticket Morning Show (790 The Ticket) to discuss…
• James Johnson is dead to us
• NBA Trade Deadline rumors
• The chances of Goran Dragic not signing any autographs or being invited to any parties at the All-Star Game
• Where does Miami go from here on out now that the season has come back to reality?
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
We got a full house on The Heat Beat Podcast as Giancarlo Navas, Brass, Alex Toledo, Jack Alfonso and guest Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover as we tackle:
• Hassan Whiteside’s recent improved play
• Jack defends Justise Winslow’s development
• Ugliest NBA Players
• Hassan Whiteside’s burner account
• Rohan tells us stories of him at Dion Waiter’s house
• Toronto Raptors talk?