We got the opportunity to catch up with Shaquille O’Neal about his time in Miami and his experiences with cruise ships, among other things. Shaq was in his element, with pints of sweat dripping off his face, just like old times. Look, it gets a little weird. We’re also not sure how much of it is true.
Miami Heat Beat’s first Heat Media Day!!! It was a day to remember with one of our biggest guest lists ever for the occasion. The MHB crew talked with Josh Richardson, Kelly Olynyk, Rodney McGruder, Tyler Johnson, and snuck in some Jimmy Butler talk with Tom Haberstroh (Bleacher Report/Count The Dings Network).
With training camp on the horizon, Nekias Duncan is taking an in-depth look at Miami’s three position groups – guards, forwards, and bigs – as a bit of a primer. Here’s part two of a three-part series, featuring the forwards.
The Miami Heat, moreso than in past disgruntled star sweepstakes, should be taken extremely seriously. Jimmy Butler is the caliber of player the Heat can and should pursue, a franchise handoff that would ensure the team and city where Dwyane Wade etched his legacy into NBA history forever is left in capable hands moving into the future.
In just her second Miami Heat Beat appearance, the listeners demanded we let our newest MHB member host. We welcome, welcome, welcome back Cait Anderson to the show alongside Alex Toledo, Brian Goins, and Nekias Duncan
No one better epitomizes the history and culture of the Miami Heat than the trio of Pat Riley, Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem. But with their departures slowly approaching, a question creeps into the mind of every Heat fan: “What comes next?”
To commemorate the 20th-year anniversary of the Heat Academy Program, the Miami Heat hosted a back-to-school event at Paul Laurence Dunbar K-8 Center on Monday where Heat players and team staff alike passed out school supplies to kids before officially kicking off the new school year. Miami Heat Beat got the chance to sit with Bam Adebayo for a few minutes just outside a cafeteria filled with energetic kids cheering and screaming along to a pep rally.
As part of his partnership with food and beverage operator JFC Miami, 15-year Heat veteran Udonis Haslem officially opened up an Einstein Bros. Bagels on the ground floor of MiamiCentral on Aug. 17. At the ribbon-cutting event on Wednesday, I got the chance to talk with UD for a couple minutes.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, Brass Jazz, and Brian Goins welcome our special guest Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover to discuss:
• Stories from Rohan’s one-on-one interview with Justise Winslow
• Rohan reveals Josh Richardson’s horrible take on Pub Subs.
• The crew debates what the Miami Heat’s optimal closing lineup would be?
• Impact of the Heat signing Briante Weber to a partially-guaranteed, training camp invite
…this and so much more!!!
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Stories from Miami Heat Beat and 5 Reasons Sports’ takeover of Dan LeBatard’s MAS Miami Vol. II event over the weekend.
• Gianni delights in newest trade rumors that send Tyler Johnson to Houston.
• Miami signed another new player!!! Former #1 overall HS point guard in 2015, Malik Newman.
• The guys peek the Vegas over/under for wins of all the NBA teams.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Jack Alfonso, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Winslow likely to sign extension in late-August/early-September
• The unlikelihood of Wade leaving for China
• Miami signed a new player!!! Former SEC Player of the Year, Yante Maten, agrees to a two-way contract
• Gianni debates why high school sports are creepy.
• Yup, yup, yup, yup…
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we discuss:
• Our breakdown of Kawhi Leonard to Toronto. Smart move by Masai Ujiri?
• Miami’s unlikely free agency splash in 2019. Is 2020 the Heat’s prime target?
• We play “Kawhi or Not Kawhi?”, a game where we try to match the voice of the Raptors forward among a lineup of five NBA players. It’s not as easy as you’d think!
• Could Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem really leave for China?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Summer League Correspondent Recap with Nekias and Alex
• Small Sample Size Theater on Duncan Robinson’s prolific shooting
• Wayne Ellington is BYKE!!!
• We share sound from our mothership (@5ReasonsSports) on a text from a source to Ethan Skolnick indicating more moves for Miami are to be made…plus Spurs-Heat ongoing conversations for a trade?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Carmelo Anthony to Miami rumors. Would Melo buy in to Heat Culture?
• Miami’s newest whale: Duncan Robinson
• Bam Adebayo’s Summer League, featuring a live report from Alex at Vegas Summer League
• What are Dwyane Wade and Wayne Ellington waiting for?
• Gianni shares the most frightening car accident story ever.