In this special edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we celebrate the New Year by montaging some of the best moments of 2018 in a Best Of podcast, featuring interviews with Bam Adebayo, Justise Winslow, and Josh Richardson. Enjoy!
Sponsor: Doral Toyota
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Brian Goins, Giancarlo Navas (sort of), Alex Toledo, and Christian Hernandez invite Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover as our special guest:
• We dissect Rohan’s marvelous Dion Waiters’ feature story written for Sports Illustrated.
• Our little hashtag movement is not so little anymore. #Justise Better infiltrates the Miami Heat telecast against the Toronto Raptors with not one, but two legendary calls by Heat broadcaster Eric Reid.
• What to make of Justise Winslow being named Miami’s starting point guard while Goran Dragic recovers from knee surgery?
• Return of Small Sample Size Theater w/ Christian (Winslow and Hassan Whiteside)
Sponsored by: AutoNation
The guys celebrate the Miami Heat having a winning road trip…well, except for Brian. Derrick Jones, Jr. improved play as of late. Is Erik Spoelstra already a Hall of Famer? Finally, Gianni wants to talk trades until Alex has a legendary derailment. Sponsored by: AutoNation
In this special edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we have a crossover episode with Locked On Heat…again! Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, and Alf welcome Wes Goldberg and David Ramil to discuss Dwyane Wade and LeBron James’ final game.
Brian Goins, Gianni Navas, Alex Toledo, and Christian Hernandez discuss Dwyane Wade’s clutch contributions and remarkably diametric three-point shooting, Alex’s crazy-enough-to-work plan to make the Miami Heat a juggernaut, Brian’s weekly Tankathon.com simulation, and the show helps Gianni build his Bumble profile with the help of some network-centric sponsors. Sponsored by: AutoNation
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Alf, and Jack Alfonso discuss:
Have injuries or bad lineup combinations affected Miami’s season more thus far? Alf rants about the Miami Heat’s woes. Is Spoelstra participating in an active protest or assisting a subtle tank job by going against his best rotations and units? We joke and laugh about all the big men who were on the Big 3 Miami Heat.
Sponsored by: Doral Toyota
Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Nekias Duncan, and Alex Toledo discuss bright spots of Miami Heat’s rough start, Nekias’ hot Erik Spoelstra take, Gianni’s crusade against Brad Stevens, and the Dwight Howard social media story.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Alex Toledo, Brass Jazz, and Alf (brief appearance) introduce a new audience on Dash Radio (Wednesdays at 8 a.m. ET on the Nothin’ But Net channel).
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Leif, and Jack Alfonso introduce a new audience on Dash Radio (Wednesdays at 9 a.m. eastern on the Nothin’ But Net channel).
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, and Alf are joined by special guest Brendan Tobin of 790 The Ticket.
In this Halloween edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Cait Anderson, and Nekias Duncan discuss:
• Stories from Nekias’ time covering Heat vs. Hornets on Tuesday in Charlotte.
• We momentarily bring back a classic Miami Heat Beat game, “Heat Lifer or Not a Heat Lifer?”
• The crew speculates about the suspicious injuries of Jimmy Butler and Tyus Jones?
• Cait breaks down how Hassan Whiteside is mastering the art of stealing rebounds from teammates
• We debut a new Halloween game, featuring our scariest Miami Heat/NBA-related things.
• BONUS: There’s a special treat for those who listen to the end of the show. Enjoy!
In this NBA opening week edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we have exclusive soundbites from Justise Winslow on #JustiseBetter and Winslow-McGruder-Richardson on the HMMM-Club.
The Miami Heat regular season returns this week, which means the Miami Heat Beat crew dropped a MEGAPOD to get our Heat fan listeners ready!!! Special guests from all over the NBA sports landscape join us to break down starting lineup rotations, Justise Winslow’s extension, the latest on the Jimmy Butler trade pursuit, and denials from Pat Riley, featuring, Will Manso (Fox Sports Sun // WPLG Local 10), Rohan Nadkarni (Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover), Jorge Sedano (ESPN), and Ethan Skolnick (5 Reasons Sports).
In this preseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Leif, and Jack Alfonso go in-depth on the latest update of the Jimmy Butler trade saga.
In this preseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Jack Alfonso, and Nekias Duncan are joined by our network overlord, Ethan Skolnick (5 Reasons Sports), to go in-depth on the latest of the Jimmy Butler trade saga
Miami Heat Beat’s first Heat Media Day!!! It was a day to remember with one of our biggest guest lists ever for the occasion. The MHB crew talked with Josh Richardson, Kelly Olynyk, Rodney McGruder, Tyler Johnson, and snuck in some Jimmy Butler talk with Tom Haberstroh (Bleacher Report/Count The Dings Network).
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Dwyane Wade is byke (again)!!! Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Brass Jazz, and Leif join the show.
In just her second Miami Heat Beat appearance, the listeners demanded we let our newest MHB member host. We welcome, welcome, welcome back Cait Anderson to the show alongside Alex Toledo, Brian Goins, and Nekias Duncan
Welcome, welcome, welcome to our newest sponsor BetDSI! With football season kicking off, BetDSI is offering our listeners double your money on your… Keep Reading
We return from our one-week break with media credentials!
• Giancarlo Navas talks about his interview with Pat Riley, and how he felt his attitude towards Dwyane Wade was like a fleeting dream.
• Brian Goins reads cringeworthy tweets from Gianni’s Twitter feed.
• Alex Toledo shares his experiences about interviewing Udonis Haslem and Bam Adebayo
• Alf learns what the hell Fortnite is.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, Brass Jazz, and Brian Goins welcome our special guest Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover to discuss:
• Stories from Rohan’s one-on-one interview with Justise Winslow
• Rohan reveals Josh Richardson’s horrible take on Pub Subs.
• The crew debates what the Miami Heat’s optimal closing lineup would be?
• Impact of the Heat signing Briante Weber to a partially-guaranteed, training camp invite
…this and so much more!!!
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Stories from Miami Heat Beat and 5 Reasons Sports’ takeover of Dan LeBatard’s MAS Miami Vol. II event over the weekend.
• Gianni delights in newest trade rumors that send Tyler Johnson to Houston.
• Miami signed another new player!!! Former #1 overall HS point guard in 2015, Malik Newman.
• The guys peek the Vegas over/under for wins of all the NBA teams.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Jack Alfonso, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Winslow likely to sign extension in late-August/early-September
• The unlikelihood of Wade leaving for China
• Miami signed a new player!!! Former SEC Player of the Year, Yante Maten, agrees to a two-way contract
• Gianni debates why high school sports are creepy.
• Yup, yup, yup, yup…
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we discuss:
• Our breakdown of Kawhi Leonard to Toronto. Smart move by Masai Ujiri?
• Miami’s unlikely free agency splash in 2019. Is 2020 the Heat’s prime target?
• We play “Kawhi or Not Kawhi?”, a game where we try to match the voice of the Raptors forward among a lineup of five NBA players. It’s not as easy as you’d think!
• Could Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem really leave for China?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Summer League Correspondent Recap with Nekias and Alex
• Small Sample Size Theater on Duncan Robinson’s prolific shooting
• Wayne Ellington is BYKE!!!
• We share sound from our mothership (@5ReasonsSports) on a text from a source to Ethan Skolnick indicating more moves for Miami are to be made…plus Spurs-Heat ongoing conversations for a trade?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Carmelo Anthony to Miami rumors. Would Melo buy in to Heat Culture?
• Miami’s newest whale: Duncan Robinson
• Bam Adebayo’s Summer League, featuring a live report from Alex at Vegas Summer League
• What are Dwyane Wade and Wayne Ellington waiting for?
• Gianni shares the most frightening car accident story ever.