In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Dwyane Wade is byke (again)!!! Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins, Brass Jazz, and Leif join the show.
The Miami Heat, moreso than in past disgruntled star sweepstakes, should be taken extremely seriously. Jimmy Butler is the caliber of player the Heat can and should pursue, a franchise handoff that would ensure the team and city where Dwyane Wade etched his legacy into NBA history forever is left in capable hands moving into the future.
I don’t cover events. I don’t write recaps. I dropped out of the University of Florida’s journalism program back in… Keep Reading
In just her second Miami Heat Beat appearance, the listeners demanded we let our newest MHB member host. We welcome, welcome, welcome back Cait Anderson to the show alongside Alex Toledo, Brian Goins, and Nekias Duncan
No one better epitomizes the history and culture of the Miami Heat than the trio of Pat Riley, Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem. But with their departures slowly approaching, a question creeps into the mind of every Heat fan: “What comes next?”
Welcome, welcome, welcome to our newest sponsor BetDSI! With football season kicking off, BetDSI is offering our listeners double your money on your… Keep Reading
The beauty of the Amalfi Coast is truly one of the world’s most transcendent scenes. Located on the western Italian… Keep Reading
This is a new NBA. There is no beating the Warriors. Miami has the opportunity to finish what Sam Hinkie started in Philadelphia by losing for its own sake.
To commemorate the 20th-year anniversary of the Heat Academy Program, the Miami Heat hosted a back-to-school event at Paul Laurence Dunbar K-8 Center on Monday where Heat players and team staff alike passed out school supplies to kids before officially kicking off the new school year. Miami Heat Beat got the chance to sit with Bam Adebayo for a few minutes just outside a cafeteria filled with energetic kids cheering and screaming along to a pep rally.
As part of his partnership with food and beverage operator JFC Miami, 15-year Heat veteran Udonis Haslem officially opened up an Einstein Bros. Bagels on the ground floor of MiamiCentral on Aug. 17. At the ribbon-cutting event on Wednesday, I got the chance to talk with UD for a couple minutes.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, Brass Jazz, and Brian Goins welcome our special guest Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover to discuss:
• Stories from Rohan’s one-on-one interview with Justise Winslow
• Rohan reveals Josh Richardson’s horrible take on Pub Subs.
• The crew debates what the Miami Heat’s optimal closing lineup would be?
• Impact of the Heat signing Briante Weber to a partially-guaranteed, training camp invite
…this and so much more!!!
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Stories from Miami Heat Beat and 5 Reasons Sports’ takeover of Dan LeBatard’s MAS Miami Vol. II event over the weekend.
• Gianni delights in newest trade rumors that send Tyler Johnson to Houston.
• Miami signed another new player!!! Former #1 overall HS point guard in 2015, Malik Newman.
• The guys peek the Vegas over/under for wins of all the NBA teams.
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Jack Alfonso, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Winslow likely to sign extension in late-August/early-September
• The unlikelihood of Wade leaving for China
• Miami signed a new player!!! Former SEC Player of the Year, Yante Maten, agrees to a two-way contract
• Gianni debates why high school sports are creepy.
• Yup, yup, yup, yup…
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we discuss:
• Our breakdown of Kawhi Leonard to Toronto. Smart move by Masai Ujiri?
• Miami’s unlikely free agency splash in 2019. Is 2020 the Heat’s prime target?
• We play “Kawhi or Not Kawhi?”, a game where we try to match the voice of the Raptors forward among a lineup of five NBA players. It’s not as easy as you’d think!
• Could Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem really leave for China?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Summer League Correspondent Recap with Nekias and Alex
• Small Sample Size Theater on Duncan Robinson’s prolific shooting
• Wayne Ellington is BYKE!!!
• We share sound from our mothership (@5ReasonsSports) on a text from a source to Ethan Skolnick indicating more moves for Miami are to be made…plus Spurs-Heat ongoing conversations for a trade?
In this Summer League edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Leif, Alex Toledo, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Carmelo Anthony to Miami rumors. Would Melo buy in to Heat Culture?
• Miami’s newest whale: Duncan Robinson
• Bam Adebayo’s Summer League, featuring a live report from Alex at Vegas Summer League
• What are Dwyane Wade and Wayne Ellington waiting for?
• Gianni shares the most frightening car accident story ever.
In this off-season edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Brian Goins, and Alex Toledo welcome Candace Buckner, Washington Wizards beat reporter at Post Sports.
In this off-season edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas is back from his two week suspension for a horrid… Keep Reading
In this post-NBA Finals edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Brass Jazz fills in for Giancarlo Navas as host after his six-to-eight week suspension was enacted last week due to bad tweeting. Alf, Leif, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins invite Ethan Skolnick, co-founder of the Five Reasons Sports Podcast Network, to discuss:
• Haha! Eat it, LeBron!
• Miami Heat front-office speculation
• Kawhi Leonard likes Chipotle?
• The return of #MHBMailbag!
In this NBA Finals edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn fills in for Giancarlo Navas as host after his six-to-eight week suspension was enacted due to bad tweeting. Alf, Leif, Brian Goins, and Nekias Duncan invite Ryan Cortes, producer of ESPN’s newest television show ‘High Noon,’ to derail the show.
In this BONUS PODCAST edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Alf, Alex Toledo, Harrison “Hot Take Harry” Cytryn, and Brian Goins react to the #BurnerGate scandal of Bryan Colangelo, via The Ringer.
In this Heat stories edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Michael Wallace of Grind City Media to share:
• Tales of Gary Payton losing his personal therapeutic chair due to the Barnum & Bailey Circus.
• The mystery of Rafer Alston’s disapperance in 2010 uncovered for the first time ever.
• Best Udonis Haslem stories, including the walkout song at his wedding.
• Miami Heat “All-Dark Alley” Team
• Backstory behind LeBron James-Erik Spoelstra “BumpGate”
In this offseason edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we invite Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated’s The Crossover as our special guest to discuss:
• The San Antonio Spurs “hope to meet with Kawhi Leonard and his representatives soon” and plan to offer a “five-year, $219 million supermax contract in a bid to mend fences” with the disgruntled superstar.
• The implications of the super max league-wide and how it impacts the Miami Heat’s pursuit of a transformational player.
• What does Pat Riley regret most from the 2017 offseason?
• We stroll down the 2008-2010 prime Dwyane Wade memory lane, revisiting the MV3 years.
…this and so much more!!!