Our enemy Jorge Sedano of ESPN joins us. He namedrops a bunch of famous athletes while hijacking our show, Gianni doesn’t have the guts to say the HEAT will make the playoffs, and Leif and Sedano get into it about Culture vs. Process.
Giancarlo Navas, Brian Goins and Nekias Duncan welcomed Chris Axmann of the Almighty Baller Podcast Network. We make the case for Spoach of the Year, Gianni acts like a nerd…again, and Dion Waiters did what to our mothers? All of this—including the glorious tirade of Dion Waiters and child bearers—will be aired on Dash Radio under the “Almighty Baller Radio” channel. Stay tuned for more details.
Be excited and hopeful about the future, because this organization has given you absolutely zero reasons not to. #TrustTheCulture, because it has proven to be stronger than any other “process” ever has.
A little less than three weeks ago, the Miami HEAT were on the fast track to a top-three pick in the NBA lottery. They were 11-30, injury-riddled, and visibly fluttering as the season seemed to be quickly slipping away. Now, the Heat are riding a nine-game winning streak and are within striking distance of the eighth seed in the East.
The ultimate #OfCourse is happening; Miami has inexplicably won five straight games and for whatever reason, Dion Waiters has been leading the charge. He’s been absolute flames on offense and a menace defensively. What is the secret behind this great stretch?
Anthony Chiang of the Palm Beach Post joined Giancarlo Navas, Nekias Duncan, and Brian Goins in discussions that involve:
• The latest in the Goran Dragic trade rumor mill
• We have a major announcement
• Why #TankSZN has ruined the fan experience of winning meaningless games
• Why is Justise Winslow using Chris Bosh’s locker for extra storage?
• We steal Anthony’s mailbag and have him answer it for us #MHBMailbag
• Alf joins midway—on his way to Publix—to save the show
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we welcomed Cat Fuentes (560 WQAM) to join Giancarlo Navas (for a few minutes), Alf, Brian Goins and Alex Toledo in discussions that involve:
• Miami HEAT trade possibilities for Hassan Whiteside and Goran Dragic
• We diminish Gianni’s garbage Tyler Johnson hot takes
• Are HEAT fans rooting for #TankSZN?
• LeBron trading his boys for Kyle Korver
• We bring back our #MHBMailbag segment
• We name some players to watch in this year’s NBA Draft
To argue against Shaq’s jersey retirement tonight is to against the culture of banners this franchise strives for—a culture Shaq helped shape while bombastically and polarizing. Despite the baggage he brought, Shaq remains beloved and his arrival to Miami came at the perfect time, setting a foundation of fandom for a new generation of fans.
We are a few months into the season. Our expert staff at Miami Heat Beat is here to tell you how to think! We’re borrowing on ESPN’s 5-on-5 idea where we take five of our staff writers and ask them all the same questions to hear their differentiating opinions on what’s going on with the HEAT.